Here is a sample video from the upcoming release of LearnLogos 7 training bundle for Logos Bible Software 7.
Currently, you can get a pre-order discount here: http://www.LearnLogos.com/logos7
Additionally, new videos are release weekly. Same training content, with three different ways to order.
Also, check out my new book releasing in December.
Check out our newest training video “Principles & Strategies for Studying any Bible Topic”
Here are the training events for the remainder of 2016. Sign up for one or more!
You can also sign-up at http://www.LearnLogos.com/events
Once in a while a “must have” tool comes along that saves time and truly helps in everyday life. I recently came across Grammarly. I have been using this tool and absolutely love it. It helps with spelling, grammar, and even has plagiarism checking (important for grading). Check out their free tool.
I recommend copying and pasting a few previous sermons, school papers, or emails to see how easily they can be improved. I have found the grammatical helps especially useful since it explains “the why” behind their suggestions. It can even help you with active and passive voice. And if you don’t know the difference between these two voices, you will definitely benefit from Grammarly.
I just completed an interesting study on Sexuality in the Bible. It was fascinating to look at how God’s design and purpose for sex became corrupted and perverted so quickly. Here is a list of the corruptions from the webinar “How to Study Sexuality in the Bible: From Purpose to Perversion”. This list is not intended to be comprehensive but identifies the first mentioning of a particular topic.
1. Marriage: Man and Woman | Ge 2:23-25
2. The Fall | Genesis 3
3. Incest Permitted | Genesis 4:16
4. Bigamy | Genesis 4:19 (Polygamy implied)
5. Angel-Human Relations | Genesis 6:4, 2 Peter 2:4-5, Jude 1:6
6. Corrupted Man | Genesis 6:5, 11-12
NOTE: We can presume all perversions in full action before the flood
7. Ham and Noah’s Nakedness | Genesis 9:22-29
8. Polygamy / Harem – Pharaoh’s House and Sarai | Genesis 12:15ff
9. Surrogates – Sarai and Hagar | Genesis 16:1-16
10. Homosexuality (Did not know they were angels) | Genesis 18:20, Genesis 19:4-6
11. Rape – Lot’s Daughters Offered / Actual Rape (Shechem and Dinah) | Genesis 19:8, Genesis 34:2, Judges 19
12. Incest – Lot’s Daughter | Genesis 19:30-38
13. Concubines (Nahor’s – Abraham’s Brother) | Genesis 22:24
14. Seminal Emission | Leviticus 15:16-19
15. Harlot / Prostitution – (Judah) | Genesis 38:15ff
16. Adultery (Not committed, but offered to Joseph)| Genesis 39:7-9, Leviticus 18:20
17. Uncovering Nakedness of Relatives | Various Levitical passages (See Bible Knowledge Commentary Leviticus 18:6-18, Leviticus 20:10-21
18. Menstrual Impurity | Leviticus 18:19, Leviticus 15:19–24, Leviticus 20:18
19. Child Prostitution (implied in context) | Leviticus 18:21
20. Homosexuality | Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Genesis 19:5, Judges 19:22, Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 1 Timothy 1:8-11, Jude 1:6-8
21. Male Prostitution – 1 Kings 14:24
22. Bestiality | Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 18:22-23, Leviticus 20:15-16
23. Transvestism | Deuteronomy 22:5 (Abomination)
24. Emasculation | Deuteronomy 23:1
25. Sexual immorality / Fornication | 1 Thessalonians 4:3, Acts 15:22
26. Effeminate | 1 Corinthians 6:9
27. Sexual Promiscuity | Romans 13:13
28. Sensuality | Romans 13:13
NOTE: Source of the Problem: Lust of the Eyes, Lust of the Flesh, and Pride of Life | 1 John 2:16
LEARN MORE: http://www.learnlogos.com/BiblicalSexuality_p/biblicalsexuality.htm
The following 13 strategies are taken from my recent training webinar, “Worry Stress, and Discovering God’s Word”
1) Strategy 1 – Is there a clear command/instruction in the Bible to do or not to do?
* Exodus 20:14 – You shall not commit adultery (NASB95)
2) Strategy 2 – Look for indirect commands in the Scriptures
* 2 Thessalonians 3:11 For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies.
3) Strategy 3 – Look for Principles
* 2 Thessalonians 3:13 But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary of doing good. (NASB95)
4) Strategy 4 – Look for Examples to follow or avoid
* Example to avoid: The sin of David regarding Bathsheba and her husband Uriah
* Example to follow: Prisca and Aquila (Romans 16:3-4)
5) Strategy 5 – Know the difference between Personal Preferences and Biblical Principles
6) Strategy 6 – Review the “One Anothers” (i.e. Galatians 6:2, Ephesians 4:1-6, Colossians 3:9)
7) Strategy 7 – Be Steadfast in Prayer
8) Strategy 8 – Examine your heart, Confession and Repentance of Sin
9) Strategy 9 – Be guided by the two greatest commandments
10) Strategy 10 – Seek Godly Counsel
11) Strategy 11 – Be Practical: Memorize and apply scripture
12) Strategy 12 – Wait on the Lord (Patience and Steadfastness)
13) Strategy 13 – Rightly inform and obey your conscience
Bonus: Search Your Cross Reference Type Resources on Topics using Logos Bible Software
Bonus: Search Christian Ethics Resources for Contemporary issues using Logos Bible Software